- Online Compliance Training Courses | Thomson Reuters
- Training Courses Overview
- Preventing Sexual Harassment
Preventing Sexual Harassment Training
This Preventing Sexual Harassment training course is intended to help train employees on the prevention of sexual harassment and discrimination in the workplace. This course is available in several different versions for both for managerial and non-managerial employees.
Geography Covered: Americas | Duration: Various
Thomson Reuters has online sexual harassment training courses that help train employees on how to prevent discrimination and sexual harassment in the workplace. Not only can workplace discrimination and sexual harassment affect employee productivity, it can also divert resources from the organization's real business. Improper conduct can also lead to liability for the organization and/or individual employees for sexual harassment and workplace discrimination. The U.S. Supreme Court has established legal standards for sexual harassment in the workplace that employers must meet to avoid — or at least minimize — incidents of discrimination and sexual harassment and avoid liability for punitive damages. Employee training and making sexual harassment training courses available is a key part of the defense.
Dating back to the late 1800s, common law in the U.S. defined the employment relationship as "at will," meaning that employers were free to hire and fire at will. Employers could, for example, refuse to hire minorities, segregate the workforce, assign unpleasant work to women, and deny such groups opportunities for advancement. That's all changed. Federal laws now prohibit discrimination and sexual harassment in the workplace on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, and genetic information, and some state and local laws protect even more characteristics.
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment (Global)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Employees - Maine (US)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Employees (Canada)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Employees (US)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Employees (New York)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Managers - California AB 1825 (US)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Managers - Connecticut (US)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Managers - Maine (US)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Managers (Canada)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Managers (US)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Managers (New York)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment (APAC)
Like with all our courses, the Preventing Sexual Harassment training courses are written by experts and powered by world-leading regulatory intelligence, which tracks more than 900 regulators and exchanges globally to ensure the course content is always up to date.
All our training courses are driven by practical examples and interactive scenarios to ensure users truly understand and recognize the issues of most importance to your business and learn to instinctively act to support them.
We employ instructional design techniques optimized for risk and compliance training, enabling your business to educate in a way that reduces risk and helps you build a culture of integrity and compliance.