training and support
Discover the power of Westlaw Edge
Learn how to leverage the AI-powered features and best-in-class content of Westlaw Edge to save time, feel more confident, and gain strategic insights.
Westlaw Edge Webinars
Attend a free training webinar at a time that works for you.
Westlaw Edge training resources
Case law research
Verifying your citations
- Better set and manage client expectations
- Understand an assigned judge
- Find case precedent for a particular judge
- Research opposing counsel
- Assess the value of a case
- Develop motion strategy using data-driven insights
- Identify additional relevant authority
- Compare a document against previously filed briefs and motions
- Review documents before the court for accuracy
- Research expert witnesses
- Using briefs, trial court documents and trial court orders
- Find outside or local counsel
Tools for the transactional attorney
- Conduct a public records search on a person
- Conduct a business records search
- Conduct research on public and private companies
- Quick tips for public records
- Run a PeopleMap report
- Customize your PeopleMap or Company Investigator report
- Find subsidiaries, divisions, and branches of corporations
- Search individual public records
- Search social media and web presence of a person
- Understanding public records resources
Westlaw Edge frequently asked questions
You will receive a registration key via email that can be used to activate your account. From the email, click the Activate Now link and follow the subsequent steps. If you need additional help, check out the “How to create my username and password” user guide.
OnePass is an online account that allows you to log in to multiple Thomson Reuters® products with one username and password. Once you have created your OnePass account, you can register any products to which you subscribe, including Westlaw Edge™.
A Client ID is required to sign on to Westlaw Edge and is used to identify your Westlaw Edge sessions. You may find it useful to enter a Client ID that relates to your research.
You can change the Client ID anytime during a research session. Click the current client ID at the top of any page, then type a new client ID or select a recently used one from the options displayed in the drop down. Then click Change.
To access a comprehensive list of content included in your organization's Westlaw Edge subscription, select Subscription under the Profile icon in the top right corner of the Westlaw Edge homepage. Or, contact customer service at 1-800-328-4880, open from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. (CT).
Contact your Westlaw Edge representative or client manager, or contact customer service at 1-800-328-4880.
Click on the Quick Check tile on the right side of the homepage. View the Verifying Your Citations module and the Litigation Strategy module to discover how Quick Check can help you refresh past winning arguments, check a draft of your work, or identify potential weaknesses in an opponent’s brief or motion.
Use the My Account portal to review West Account balances and invoices, make payments, check order status, and request a reshipment or return. You can also manage users' access to Westlaw, Westlaw Edge, Business Law Solutions, Thomson Reuters CLEAR, Practical Law and more.
If there is additional content you are interested in adding to your Westlaw Edge plan, contact your sales rep or client manager.
Yes. Sign into the award-winning Westlaw app for iOS using your OnePass username and password, and you can access most Westlaw Edge features right from your iPhone or iPad – anytime, anywhere.
Supported operating systems
- Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10
- Mac® OS 10.5 or later
- Chrome current version
- Safari® 10.0 or later
- Mozilla Firefox current version or Extended Support Release version
- Microsoft Edge current version
- iPhone (iOS 10.0 or later, iPhone 5 or later)
- iPad (iOS 10.0 or later, iPad 4th generation or later)
- Android (4.0 or later, Android 4.0 or higher)
- 1024x768 or higher screen resolution recommended
- Adobe Acrobat Reader® 9.0 or later (some print functionality is lost with older versions)