Case Notebook Portable E-Transcript
Case Notebook portable e-Transcript
Opening transcripts from the iPhone or iPad
Case Notebook Portable E-Transcript allows you to import, view, and add notes to E-Transcript PTX files. You can open a transcript from:
- An email
- Dropbox or other Web-based applications where you can touch a file and download it (for example, Google Drive, Box.net, or Microsoft SkyDrive)
- LiveNote Central A2B
Note: The first version of Case Notebook Portable E-Transcript does not offer the import annotations functionality.
Finding a transcript
To view the list of available transcripts from an iPad, touch the Transcripts button in the upper left corner of Case Notebook Portable E-Transcript. A list of transcripts is displayed in descending order by date. If you are using an iPhone, a list of transcripts is automatically displayed (in descending order by date) when the Case Notebook Portable E-Transcript is launched.
Viewing a Transcript
You can view the following types of transcripts:
- Transcripts that are secured with a password (displayed as Secure Transcript in the list view). Touch the listing of the transcript you want to view. Enter the password given by the provider, check Save Password (optional) to have the mobile device remember the password, and tap the OK button to view the transcript. If the password is incorrect, an error message is displayed and the transcript cannot be viewed. Contact the provider for the correct password.
Note: Until the correct password is entered, the date displayed in the listing of the transcript is the current date and not the actual date of the transcript. The actual date of the transcript is displayed only after the correct password has been entered, after which the transcript display is automatically reordered (in descending order by date).
- Transcripts that are encrypted without a password (displayed as Secure Transcript in the list view). Touch the listing of the transcript you want to view. A password is not required to view the transcript.
- Transcripts that are unsecured. Touch the listing of the transcript you want to view. A warning message is displayed because Case Notebook Portable E-Transcript cannot validate the security of such transcripts. You may contact the provider to validate the authenticity and security of the transcript or tap the OK button to proceed and view the transcript.
Deleting a Transcript
Case Notebook Portable E-Transcript follows standard conventions for deleting content with a mobile device. Tap the Edit button in the list view to launch the delete function.
Touch the delete (⊖) icon next to the transcript you want to remove.
Navigating within a transcript
Case Notebook Portable E-Transcript supports vertical and horizontal display.
To browse pages of the transcript:
- Drag a finger or pointer up or down on the touch screen
- Tap the page number and type a number to navigate to a specific page
Searching and using the Word Index
A searchable Word Index is available for each transcript in Case Notebook Portable E-Transcript. Left and right navigation arrows are available in the application to move among multiple hits for the word.
To search using the Word Index:
- Touch the Magnifying Glass (🔍) button in the upper right corner of the screen
- Browse the list of words in the transcript by dragging a finger or pointer up or down on the list
- Touch a letter to navigate to the top of the listed words, beginning with the selected letter
- Touch the text box at the top of the Word Index list and type the letters of a specific word you seek
- Touch the listed word to view the Page and Line number of appearances and additional context around the given hit
- Touch the listed hit to navigate to the reference within the full text of the transcript
- If the word has more than one hit, tap the Previous (◄) or Next (►) button to navigate through the references within the full text of the transcript.
Selecting & copying content
Case Notebook Portable E-Transcript follows standard conventions for selecting and copying content with a mobile device.
- Press a term for approximately one second. A magnifying glass appears over the term
- Move the magnifier to magnify other terms
- Let go to select a term. Blue handles appear at the beginning and end of the selection. Copy, Note, and Highlight options are displayed above the selection
- To increase your selection, drag the selection handles left or right
- To copy, add a note, or highlight the selection, tap the appropriate option. For example, touch Copy to copy the text associated with the selection
Adding or Editing Notes & Highlights
Case Notebook Portable E-Transcript allows you to add/edit notes and highlight/delete highlight(s) in a transcript.
Within the full text of the transcript, two quick taps on a passage opens the Copy, Note, and Highlight functions. Touch Copy or Highlight to copy or highlight the selected text. To add a note associated with the selection, touch Note and start writing. Tap the Save button when done. The text is highlighted and the Notes icon appears next to the text for which there is a note.
Within the full text of the transcript, two quick taps on a highlighted passage also opens the Copy, Edit Note, and Delete Highlight functions. If the highlighted passage has an existing note, the Notes icon is displayed. To edit an existing note, touch Edit Note and start editing. Tap the Save button when done. To delete existing highlighted text, touch Delete Highlight.
Finding notes & highlights
To view the full list of Notes & Highlights available in a transcript, tap the Open Book button. A list of highlighted pages and line passages is displayed. The first several highlighted words are displayed for context. If note text is associated with the highlight, text is displayed below the highlight.
Touch a listing to navigate to the note and/or highlight reference within the full text of the transcript.
After adding notes to a transcript, you can share it with Case Notebook customers. You can share transcripts with or without notes. Sharing with notes sends an E-Transcript XML file to recipients. Sharing without notes sends an E-Transcript PTX file.
Touch the Share button.
You have the following options:
- To share the transcript and its highlights and notes, touch Share with Notes (this option sends an E-Transcript XML file). Be sure to select the Share with Notes option if you want to send transcripts with notes.
- To share only the text of the transcript, touch Share without Notes (this option sends an E-Transcript PTX file).
Instructions for Case Notebook Customers
Case Notebook customers have two options for adding transcripts to a case.
- If the transcript is new, use the New Transcript (from file) feature to import the transcript.
- If the transcript already exists in Case Notebook and needs updating, use the Update Draft Transcript (from file) feature in Case Notebook to import the transcript.
If you touch the Information button, you can see if a transcript is signed or unsigned. However, Case Notebook Portable E-Transcript cannot verify the signature. Please use Case Notebook or E-Transcript Bundle Viewer to verify the authenticity of signed transcripts
Case Notebook Portable E-Transcript includes one transcript, titled Bower, Gil R, for demonstration and trial purposes. You cannot delete the demonstration transcript from the list of transcripts.
For dedicated customer and technical support, call 1-800-290-9378.
For telephone training, call 1-800-328-0109.