Westlaw Business Software Version 2.0.0018 (1/20/11)
Download instructions for single and multiple desktop users
The installation checks to see if the prerequisites are already installed. If the prerequisites are not installed, the installer downloads and installs the required prerequisites. The License agreements for the prerequisites display during the installation. If you save the installation files and run them from your computer, any necessary prerequisites will be downloaded from the site.
Note: This above installation is a self-extracting executable.
- Click the Proceed with Download button below.
- Click Run to run the installation from your browser or click Save to save the installation files to your local hard drive, allowing you to run the setup files from there.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
File name: setupex.zip
Download size will vary depending on the components needed on your system.
If you want to install Westlaw Business on multiple desktops, and want to control what gets installed, complete this installation.
Important: Check for the prerequisite files and then install the needed prerequisites in the order listed below before installing Westlaw Business. If necessary, download the prerequisites files.
- Click the following links to download and install prerequisites:
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 – Download Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (not required for Vista).
Visual Studio Tools for the Office system 2.0 Runtime – Only needed for Word 2000, Word 2002, and Word 2003 users.
West Solutions 2.7.2085 – This links to the West Solutions application, which provides the integration framework for Westlaw Business.
- Download the Westlaw Business software.
Install the software only after all the required prerequisites have been installed in step 1 above.
• Run the setup file.
• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating system: Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4 or later) or Windows XP Professional, or Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit, or Windows 7
- Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- Additional Software: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and Microsoft Word 2003 or 2007
- Processor: PC with 600 MHz processor or faster (Intel Pentium/Celeron family or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family)
- Internet connection
- Memory (RAM): At least 256MB of available RAM
- Hard disk space: 2GB
User Permissions for Business Law Solutions
Note: The following user permissions are required for installing and running Business Law Solutions. You must have administrator rights to install the software.
File Permissions (Default)
- Read and Execute, Read, and Write permissions for C:\Program Files\Thomson
- Read and Execute, Read, and Write permissions for [InstallationFolder]\Thomson (by default is C:\Program Files\Thomson)
Additional File Permissions (Vista, Windows 7)
- Read and Execute, Read, and Write permissions for C:\ProgramData\Thomson
File Permissions (64-bit)
- Read and Execute, Read, and Write permissions for C:\Program Files\Thomson (Note: This directory will need to be created if it does not exist)
- Read and Execute, Read, and Write permissions for [InstallationFolder]\Thomson (by default this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Thomson)
Additional File Permissions (XP)
- Read and Execute, Read, and Write permissions for C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Thomson
Registry Permissions (Default)
- Full Control Permissions to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Thomson West and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Thomson West
Registry Permissions (64-bit OS)
- Full Control permissions to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Thomson West and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE \Thomson West
Registry Permissions (Word)
- Full Control permission to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\OFFICE