- Legal Technology, Content and Solutions
- Support center
- Software Downloads
- Firm Central Download
Download Firm Central desktop software
Download instructions for single and multiple desktop users
- Click the Proceed with Download button below.
- Save the installation file to your local hard drive, right click the file and select "Run as administrator."
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Last Update: 7/7/2021
File name: FirmCentralSetup.exe
Download size will vary depending on the components needed on your system.
If you want to install Firm Central on multiple desktops, and want to control what gets installed, complete this installation.
- Check for the prerequisite files and then install the needed prerequisites in the order listed below before installing Firm Central. If necessary, download the prerequisites files. If you are using Windows 7, it is recommended that you save each installation file to your computer, then right-click the file and click Run as administrator on the menu.
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 – This downloads Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 – This downloads Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
Visual Studio Tools for the Office system 4.0 Runtime(x86) – This downloads Visual Studio Tools for Microsoft Office 32 bit.
Visual Studio Tools for the Office system 4.0 Runtime(x64) – This downloads Visual Studio Tools for Microsoft Office 64 bit.
- Download the Firm Central software.
Install the software only after all the required prerequisites have been installed in step 1 above.
Last Update: 6/7/2021
File name: FirmCentralSetup.exe
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 10 Professional (32-bit and 64-bit)
Microsoft Outlook Versions:
- Microsoft Office 2019 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Office 2016 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Current and two previous versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome
- Personal computer with 1 GHz Dual Core or faster processor
- 1 GB of RAM
- 2 GB of available hard disk space
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- SQL Server Compact 4.0
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime
- Visual C++ 2010 Runtime Libraries (x86)
- Windows Installer 3.1
- Microsoft.Net Framework 2.0
The newest installation of our Firm Central Desktop Software will introduce the following updates and fixes:
- Fixed - Add attachments to Firm Central Outlook Events
- Fixed - Restrict creation of Windows Explorer folder from Desktop Utility; folders must be created within Firm Central Online software.
- Security Updates - Updates to enhance security of the application
Upgrading to the newest version of Firm Central Desktop Software ensures that you have the most optimal tools available. If you have received notice that your Desktop Software must be updated, and are in need of assistance, please contact Customer Technical Support for assistance at 1-888-287-8537.
We recommend that users install a supported version of Microsoft Office to ensure the best experience with Firm Central's Desktop Utility.
Firm Central Desktop works best in versions of Microsoft Office that are currently supported by Microsoft. As Microsoft updates and releases new installed desktop software, we ensure that Firm Central Desktop Utility software works with supported versions of Microsoft Office. In turn, as Microsoft stops supporting older versions of their software, Firm Central will no longer support those versions of Microsoft Office as we release updated versions of the Firm Central Desktop Utility software.
NOTE: This does not mean that Firm Central will no longer work on an older, unsupported version of Microsoft Office. It means that we will not develop new features for integration with these versions of Office, and updates and bug fixes are limited to releasing for supported versions of Microsoft Office.
Windows 10 users who are installing Firm Central desktop may see a Windows Defender Smart Screener message cautioning you to review the provider of the software before installing. Click through this warning to install the latest version of the software, as provided by Thomson Reuters.
Thomson Reuters Firm Central organizes matter documents, communications, legal research, and contacts in one place. This software integrates Firm Central with Microsoft® Outlook® and Windows® Explorer.
A license is required to use this software. You must have a Firm Central subscription to use this product. Contact your Thomson Reuters consultant to subscribe.
Note: Usage of Firm Central is governed by the terms and conditions of the Online Practice & Storage Solutions Subscriber Agreement previously agreed to and currently in effect between Subscriber and West.
We are using a modified version of Jabber.net in this product. If you would like the source code, please contact us at Thomson.SLW-OrionDesktopTech@Thomsonreuters.com