- Legal Technology, Content and Solutions
- Patron Access
Westlaw Patron Access
Empower patrons to research independently
Westlaw Patron Access allows you to spend less time assisting patrons. Patrons can quickly get started and navigate their research with fewer questions, providing trouble-free patron self-service.
- Next generation legal search finds relevant answers faster
- Intuitive interface to easily navigate to relevant information
- Simple sign-on with just the click of an icon
Advanced searching, so even inexperienced users find what they need
WestSearch Plus leverages state-of-the-art AI powered by more than 100 years of attorney-edited annotations so patrons can find authoritative answers even faster and ensure they haven't missed anything important.
- Find recommended answers for thousands of legal topics without having to dive into a result list
- See suggested queries that begin formulating when search terms are entered
How WestSearch Plus works
Predictive type-ahead recommends search queries that get more specific as you type.
Intelligent state-of-the-art AI technology draws on exclusive editorial expertise to deliver relevant results.
Responsive text from the most relevant documents for your issue surfaces to the top of the result list.
Intuitive legal research that speaks your Patrons language
Westlaw Patron Access is designed to meet the unique needs and challenges of a library setting.
Session-based tools, such as history and preferences, are wiped clean after each user, giving your patrons the full benefit of Westlaw while still ensuring their privacy
Customized help tools designed to meet the needs of a wide range of patrons
IP authenticated setup provides access without a password, eliminating the concern of passwords being lost or stolen
Personalized tools, such as alerts and folders, are blocked from Westlaw Patron Access to maintain privacy
Premier legal research at a predictable monthly rate
Westlaw Patron Access lets you customize a plan that fits your needs and budget
Most advanced search engine
The National Core plan now includes an available option with WestSearch plus, the same search engine that powers Westlaw Edge
Every plan begins with key content – cases, statutes, KeyCite, and analytical materials designed for your state
Choose from hundreds of optional add-on modules to build your plan based on your needs
Your monthly rate, based on content and number of terminals, does not change during the contract period, no matter how much patrons use the service
Patrons can only access documents in your library's plan, so they can't inadvertently incur additional charges
Help with set-up and beyond
Setting up your Westlaw Patron Access program is fast and trouble-free.
- At the time you place your order, we will ask you to provide the static Internet Protocol (IP) address for each computer terminal you designate for the program, which allows us to create a shortcut to Westlaw for the terminals' desktops
- Westlaw Customer Technical Support representative will contact you to arrange for installation via your high-speed Internet service
After installation, you may call us at any time for help:
- Customer Technical Support at 1-800-440-9378
- Reference Attorney assistance at 1-800-401-9378
Take the next step with a Westlaw free trial