Download Custom Forms
Single Desktop Installation for Individual Users
Note: For compatibility purposes, if your version of Drafting Assistant (and its features, including WestCheck) is lower than 3.314.1019, it is recommended you install the latest version before you install Custom Forms. Update Drafting Assistant
- Close Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- Verify you meet the system requirements below and then click the Proceed with download button below, save the installation file to your local hard drive, right click the file and select "Run as administrator."
- If you are prompted with a Security Warning dialog box, click Run.
- If you are prompted for a Windows user account, enter credentials for an administrator account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Supported operating systems
- Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 7 Professional (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 7 Enterprise (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 Pro (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 10 Home (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 10 Pro (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 10 Enterprise (32-bit or 64-bit)
Windows user account
- To install and update software, you must have administrator privileges on the computer
Supported word processors
- Microsoft Word 2007 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Word 2010 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Word 2013 (32-bit or 64-bit)*
- Microsoft Word 2016 (32-bit or 64-bit)*
*Note these exceptions:
- Custom Forms will not work in Microsoft Word 2013 or 2016 (32-bit or 64-bit) if it was installed using Microsoft Office Click-to-Run
- Due to Microsoft Office updates, the current version of the Westlaw Solutions framework (WSF) that is part of the Custom Forms plug-in does not work with Office 2016. If you are using Office 2016, please download and install the latest WSF version using the below link. There is no need to uninstall and reinstall Custom Forms. https://cdn.thomsonreuters.com/esd/software/westsolutions/wwsi/4.401.01008/setup/Thomson.West.Wsi.Setup_4.401.01008.msi
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.0 32-bit or 64-bit (recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 and 10.0 (However, if you are using IE 9 or IE 10, we strongly recommend that you update your browser version.)
- Personal computer with 1 GHz dual-core or faster processor
- At least 1 GB of RAM
- At least 2 GB of available space on the hard disk
Prerequisite software (installed automatically if needed)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0 (a database is installed to store Drafting Assistant metadata for templates and sample documents, local documents, and jurisdictional rules for validating formatting)
- Microsoft Office Primary Interop Assemblies for your Office version
- Office 2007
- Office 2010
Note: The Microsoft Office Primary Interop Assemblies for Office 2013 and 2016 are automatically installed with the product. For further information, visit microsoft.com.
- Westlaw Solutions